Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fun loving Lucy


Lucy

Painting: "Lucy–8 mos" 10" x 8",  oil/wax on  canvas, 2012
Photo of Lucy
It all started when I heard about PAWS in the Park, a 50th anniversary festival for PAWS, a rescue and shelter in Norwalk, CT. I offered a gift certificate for an 8" x 10" painting of a pet, head and shoulders, with a simple background to be iincluded in the raffle drawing.

I enjoy doing this as it is a rewarding way for me to use my gift of capturing animals on canvas to help raise funds for worthy animal causes. As it turned out, after talking about the festival with the fund raiser, I offered to take a booth and paint one of the adoptable  dogs from the shelter during the time of the festival. I went to the shelter a week prior to the event, and selected Lucy, a sweet-as- they-come mix with a blue eye and a brown eye. I took photos of her and used them as my reference for the painting.  I started the painting before the day of the festival, painted it from 11 to 3 at the festival and finished it during the week after the event.  The lucky parents who adopt Lucy will receive this painting as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment