Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's been awhile

Since I first posted this blog, I haven't written in it because my first post is intended for everyone to get an idea of the quality of my pet paintings and how I work. A lot is happening in my artistic life. I paint allegorical stylized landscapes when not painting commissioned work. These works are exhibited in juried, gallery and museum shows when I am graced with that opportunity. On July 11 through August 4, my recent landscapes will be in a 4-person show at the Danbury City Hall in Danbury, CT. The artist reception is July 13 between 4 and 6pm. If you are in Danbury, please stop by and introduce yourself to me at the reception. At this time, I am finalizing the 5 or so paintings that will be in this show and finishing these paintings' poems which will also be in the show.

I have just been commissioned to paint a portrait of my long time, best-friend, girlfriend. I have done drawings of her before and have painted 2 of her cats. This commission will be fun because I haven't painted a human face in a while!  She has great confidence in me and I really appreciate that. Stay tuned to see it when it is completed.  If you want to see my landscapes please visit my website: www.shelleylowell.com. If you want to check in to see what I am up to with these paintings, visit my Artist Project blog: shelleylowell.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment